HURRICANE MATTHEW RELIEF SOLIDARITY TOWARD MUSICIANS OF JEREMIE
We are calling for solidarity toward the music community of Jeremie: musicians, managers, technicians, radio hosts, beatmakers, producers, DJ etc. victims of the Matthew hurricane who are also left with no resources for the coming months.
As institutions working in the music industry our efforts are focusing toward this community.
The purpose of this call for solidarity: to give to a hundred professionals from the music and arts community, mostly heads of families, identified through our local partners, a monthly symbolic allowance of 10,000 gourdes (approx.150 US $ – which corresponds in Haiti, to a tiny salary) for a 3 months break… Donations through Paypal or through Haiti Jazz Foundation Inc. USA 501 (c) 3 will be donated in full to the local Fonkoze organization through which beneficiaries will receive their monthly allowance.
Who are we ?
Haiti Jazz Foundation: Nonprofit organization, producer, for the past 10 years of the Port-au-Prince International Jazz Festival papjazzhaiti.org
Ayiti Mizik: Association of Haitian music professionals founded in 2010 ayitimizik
Kanzo Mizik: Young Haitian publishing and music production company
The list of the beneficiaries is available upon request.
Support of the music community in 2010: Following the earthquake of January 2010, the Haiti Jazz Foundation, who was in the midst of implementing the 4th edition of the Festival, joined forces with FOKAL and Caracoli to offer a support fund for 45 professionals from the music industry affected by the disaster. An allowance of $ 170 was given to them every month for 3 months.
Thank you for your generosity!
Why donate all year round ?
- To participate in the sustainability of the PAPJAZZ: the Port-au-Prince International Jazz Festival, the only annual music festival in Port-au-Prince
- To encourage further training activities carried out by the Haiti Jazz Foundation participating in the emergence of a new generation of talented musicians
- To stimulate the creation and exchange between musicians from Haiti and abroad
- In order for the PAPJAZZ to continue offering jazz music to its fans
- To participate in the enhancement, promotion and diffusion of Kreyol Jazz in Haiti and abroad
- To help out this a cultural activity that you are happy to come back to every year and watching it grow year after year.
- To support the Haiti Jazz Foundation, Haitian-based non-profit organization, which will provide you with a tax deductible receipt even if you are based in the United States, thanks to the Haiti Jazz Foundation Inc. a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization.